Harford County Public Schools is seeking to hire full-time Art Teachers
Harford County Public Schools (HCPS) is located in suburban/rural Maryland at the head of the Chesapeake Bay near major urban areas such as Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and New York City. Within the 54 schools, HCPS offers its employees a supportive and enriching environment while showing its dedication to personal and professional growth by providing new teachers with full-time mentor teachers, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and career growth opportunity through tuition reimbursement. Harford County combines all aspects of living and provides outlets of opportunity for all interests. Websites such as www.harfordmd.com and www.hcps.org will allow prospective employees to easily explore the county and school system.
- To create a safe atmosphere conducive for learning and implements instruction in ways that allows all students to learn.
- Plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes.
- Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of children.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Maintains regular, on-time attendance.
- Attends meetings and serves on special committees.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Hold or be eligible for a teaching certificate from the Maryland State Department of Education.
How to Apply:
Employment applications are accepted online only. To access the application, visit the Current Job Openings section of the HCPS website at www.hcps.org. If you have questions or require assistance to complete the online employment application, contact the Human Resources Office at 410-588-5238.