What They Do
CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal—to help solve clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
- Honesty, integrity, fairness, humility, and courage.
- Clients are the most important partners.
- Experimentation, innovation, and creativity.
- Collaboration, mutual support, caring and respect.
- Personal growth, productivity, and accountability.
Environmental Graphic Designer
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Graphic Designer based in their Washington, DC area office. An integrated global design firm, CannonDesign unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
The Environmental Graphic Designer will be an integral member of themulti-disciplinary team, working on projects in multiple typologies such as sports, education, healthcare, and science & technology. As a member of the environmental graphics team primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Make recommendations for concept, design, art direction, and production for a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, signage and exhibits.
- Plan, program, conceptualize and develop wayfinding and signage programs, exhibit and interpretive programs, donor recognition, and graphic programs.
- Assist clients with translating their expressed needs and ideas into concepts and develop into effective communication materials.
- Prepare photo visualizations and mockups of proposed signage for placement, content and/or usage.
- Prepare camera-ready artwork with the adobe suite software for fabrication.
- Assist in coordination with other disciplines.
- Take a leadership role within the team on a particular project issue or topic
- May assist in redlines of shop drawings in construction administration phase.
- Participates in project team meetings, possibly taking a lead role
- Work with vendors/fabricators.
- Maintains accurate files and records.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, or related design field. Minimum of 7 years of related experience working on environmental graphic design projects required. Proficiency on Mac in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign required. Skills in AutoCAD/Revit and SketchUp a plus. Exceptional design portfolio and strong background in typography is essential as is strong communication skills and the ability to work well collaboratively. Strong knowledge of signage and wayfinding design and methodology required. Attention to detail a must. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to the internal policies and the Code of Conduct.