The Urban Arts Leadership Program (UALP) is a program of the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA). Its purpose is to connect a talented and diverse pool of emerging leaders with arts organizations, arts service organizations, and art driven businesses that are committed to racial equity and inclusion.
The UALP Fellowship process provides these defined components for the forward motion of each participating Fellow:
- A four-month customized group capacity building intensive series
- Racial equity and inclusion training
- A matching process for placements within Host organizations
- A six-month project implementation period when Fellows are formally embedded within an arts or cultural organization
- 2017-18 Fellows receive a $7,500 stipend
UALP Fellows diversify and strengthen the leadership of arts organizations by connecting them to resources and professional development, with a particular focus on racial equity and inclusion. Fellows receive information, training, and develop new and expanded networks.