Cornerstone Montgomery empowers people living with mental health and co-occurring substance use disorders to live, work and integrate successfully within the community.
Internship/ Unpaid/ Start Date: 5/1/16
As an intern with Studio In-Sight you will have the opportunity to:
– Bring your creative skills and help to mento Studio In-Sight clients to grow individually as artists. We encourage interns to share their interests, knowledge and artistic expertise;
– Studio In-Sight has a show every couple of months so there will be opportunities to learn about and assist with curation of shows and matting and framing;
– Get exposure to working with adults living with mental health disorders;
– Get teaching experience by co-leading art groups;
– Acess to some of Cornerstone Montgomery’s training programs;
– Learn how to track clients how to document their progress;
– Help to document and organize client artwork
We are looking for interns who can commit to at least 120 hours working with the art program. Interns must have availability on Wednesday afternnons and or Friday afternoons. Candidates will need access to personal transportation to get to and from program sites and art events. Interns will work closely with and report to the art specialist Tessa Barr.
Please view application instructions on MICANetwork. You will have to log in to the system to view the full application.