IMRE is an integrated brand communications firm of professionals that serves business-to-business and business-to-consumer clients in the home and building, financial services, healthcare and sports industries. IMRE specializes in brand strategy and positioning, marketing, public relations, social marketing, creative, emerging media and research. Telling the story of a brand is an art, the forms of which change constantly. IMRE crafts the story and voice of a brand to resonate nimbly and powerfully across digital and traditional platforms, engaging consumers at every step in the decision process.
Our home office is located in Sparks Glencoe, MD with 3 off-site offices in Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY & Raleigh, NC.
2016 Summer/Fall Creative Internship
Paid/ Internship/ Summer, Fall or Spring
IMRE’S internship program was created to allow the agency and staff to assist in the development of future communications professionals.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with and design projects in InDesign. Skills with PhotoShop and/or Illustrator desired. Good understanding of design principals, type and production best practices.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
1. Work closely with our Jr. Art Director and Senior Designer
2. Ability to translate strategy into a compelling design layout
3. Ability to take finished design files and prepare them for production
4. Knowledge of type, how it applies to design and how to use fonts correctly
5. Good production and organizational skills; manage archiving and multi-formatting of files, streamline file management.
What you learn and gain from this internship
1. Working mentorship with industry-leading designers
2. Show how to take learned skills into real world graphic solutions
3. Learn industry best practices in production and file management
4. Observe and participate in team meetings, client kick offs and agency events
5. Participate in agency brainstorms when appropriate
1. Related academic coursework
2. Time commitment of at least 15 hours per week, so that students have the chance to get involved with in-depth account work
3. Positive, team attitude with desire to learn and grow as an aspiring professional
4. Work requires interpersonal skills sufficient to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals
5. Candidate needs to be punctual and dependable and give notice, as soon as possible, concerning absences