The Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics (RIAO) is home to some of the world’s most renowned orthopedic surgeons and offers state-of-the-art treatment in a variety of orthopedic services for children and adults. The International Center for Limb Lengthening focuses on the care of pediatric and adult patients with congenital, developmental, and post-traumatic limb deformities, limb length discrepancies, skeletal abnormalities and other causes of short stature. The Center for Joint Preservation and Replacement uses groundbreaking hip and knee replacement techniques and treats bone and joint infections. The Orthopedic Trauma and Hand Surgery Center treats acute fractures, posttraumatic complications, malunions, nonunions and infections.
Illustration/Graphic Artist Intern
The intern will work under the direction of members of the Publishing Department at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics and gain experience in a professional environment while building on his/her current skills.
- Strong illustration and design skills, with a proficiency in a vector based software such as Adobe Illustrator
- Working knowledge in some or all of the following software: Photoshop, Flash, and InDesign
- Experience with animation, web design, video editing, and digital photography a plus
Depending on the work flow, the intern will have an opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects such as:
- Promotional posters, brochures, and mailers; interactive charts, illustrations and advertisements for medical publishing
- Scientific posters and exhibits
- Design and editing of website
- Illustrations and design of educational materials and multimedia projects for patients and medical conferences
- Enhancing photographs
- If interested, intern will be able to visit all areas of the institute including clinic and the operating room