Palantir has been building its data integration and analysis platforms (aka Intelligence Infrastructure) for over six years. We were founded in 2004 by a handful of PayPal alumni and Stanford computer scientists. Since then we’ve doubled in size every year while retaining our early-stage values: a startup culture, strong work ethic, and rigorous hiring standards. Our two products, Palantir Government and Palantir Finance represent a whole new category of software that fundamentally change the way data analysis problems are approached. Our platforms seamlessly integrate disparate sources of data into a single coherent data model. In the end-user realm, our analysis tools sit atop the data platforms, delivering unheard of access, ease-of-use, and security to experts — humans who know a lot about a specific real-world problem but little of data systems.
We’re always looking for motivated, talented people to help us in our mission: making the world a better place — helping our users solve their hardest, most pressing problems. To learn more about Palantir, how we work, what we do, and what it’s like to work with us, check out our article, Work At Palantir, on the main Palantir website.
Full-time Position: Communications Designer
Palantir is looking for a Communication Designer to join our diverse, cross-functional team. As a Communication Designer, you will take internal and external projects from concept to design and execution, while collaborating with a multitude of teams that span the company.
We are looking for someone whose creativity touches every aspect of their life. Your work exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation, and usability. Project management comes easily. You are detail-oriented down to every pixel, and you have an eye for color, typography, and layout. You work across various media and are comfortable with both print and web. You are addicted to your sketch pad/moleskine notebook, but love technology and are excited to be a part of Palantir’s mission.
- Design visual systems for digital and print marketing collateral
- Create analytical info graphics, charts, and diagrams
- Support multiple teams with presentation decks, customer deployments, and conference material
- Design for internal teams/events and support Palantir’s unique culture
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of professional experience as a designer
- A well rounded portfolio that includes print, digital, and interactive work
- Experience managing print vendors including job sourcing and pricing
- Detail-oriented, hands on, and self-motivated
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office
Bonus points for
- Background in traditional art or photography
- Knowledge of motion graphics
- Knowledge of sound design
- Experience in marketing