H&D Branding develops end-to-end retail activation and brand-building solutions for leading consumer brands across the country. H&D Branding combines over 25 years of in-store marketing expertise and integrated brand management programs to provide maximum value and marketing ROI for its clients.
H&D Branding’s clients include Fortune 500 and regional consumerpackage goods companies such as Procter & Gamble, McCormick & Co., Phillips Foods, Manischewitz, Black & Decker, H&S Bakery, U.S. Foodservice, and Turkey Hill. The privately held company was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Sparks, MD.
Part-time Positions: On-site Freelance Designers (AS NEEDED BASIS)
H&D Branding is an award-winning shopper marketing consultancy, specializing in shopper-based design, packaging, branding and all other forms of marketing communication materials. We are currently looking for passionate and dependable freelance designers to add to our creative talent pool.
Our freelance designers work independently on assigned projects. Our freelance designers work up concepts and fulfill layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. Our freelance designers may, on occasion, work directly with account services, or with production artists to complete design requirements but more typically works under the direction of the design director or creative director.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong design portfolio with 4+ years of education and at least 1+ year of professional experience.
- Candidate must exemplify a passion for design and an eagerness to collaborate with other creative people and a team.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently to meet deadlines with careful attention to detail.
- Must have knowledge of the production process and specifications, ink specification, and paper specification.
- Proficient in Mac OS and the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must have reasonable sketching skills.
- Candidate is familiar with typestyles, type design, and type specifications.
- Experience with stock photography, computer retouching and image manipulation, art direction of original photography, and traditional paste-up is desired.
Internship Position: Graphic and Packaging Design Intern
H&D Branding is looking for a highly talented design intern to join our creative team. If you are passionate about branding, packaging and strategic thinking, this is the place for you.
Specific skills should include:
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Conceptualization of ideas, realization of concepts, and finalization for presentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and thrive under pressure
- Print production knowledge
- Sketching ability to quickly communicate ideas
- Employ creative, strategic thinking to create design solutions
- Must understand packaging structures and dielines
- Must be a Junior or Senior in college
- Must be able to work 2 full days (16 hours) a week.
- Must have reliable transportation
For consideration, please send a cover letter, résumé, and portfolio (PDF or link) to Greg Bennett, Design Director at email@example.com and make sure to stop by our table at the CONNECT Fair!